This is surely the best way to install WordPress. Very helpful for those who are extremely new in WordPress and found all other instructions difficult. Click on an image to see full size.
- Download and unzip the WordPress package.
- Create a database for WordPress on your web server. Image showing cPanel options.
Create a MySQL user.
Connect a MySQL user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
- Place the WordPress files in the desired location on your web server:
- If you want to integrate WordPress into the root of your domain (e.g. http://example.com/), move or upload all contents of the unzipped WordPress directory (but excluding the directory itself) into the root directory of your web server (generally public_html).
- If you want to have your WordPress installation in its own subdirectory on your web site (e.g. http://example.com/blog/), rename the directory wordpress to the name you’d like the subdirectory to have and move or upload it to your web server. For example if you want the WordPress installation in a subdirectory called “blog”, you should rename the directory called “wordpress” to “blog” and upload it to the root directory of your web server.
- Run the WordPress installation script by accessing WordPress in a web browser.
- If you installed WordPress in the root directory, you should visit: http://example.com/
- If you installed WordPress in its own subdirectory called blog, for example, you should visit: http://example.com/blog/
You will see a window like this:
Click on Create a Configuration File. Now you will get following window:
Click on Let’s go!. Then you will get this page:
Now write down your database name, database username and password. In the Table Prefix it will be better to change wp_ to something else. Write like db809_. You can write, whatever you wisht. (Check the image):
Now click Submit. If the database connection is ok, you will get following window:
Click on Run the Install. You will see a success window like below:
Write down Site Title, username, password and your email address and click on Install WordPress. You will get a new success window:
All done! You can now log in to your own wordpress site.
You are now in Dashboard of WordPress! Best of luck.